Friday, October 14, 2011

Of Course I have No Body Hair :)


A Smooth Body....
Or have I "Figured out The Secret to being a Girl?" ~GRIN!
~NAKED ALERT!~

Every one of the pictures shows me Nekkid, but they are done in a way which shows no detail. Look with an Open Mind, or Closed Eyes :)


Ya Gotta climb and Play! :) by JOn's ~=:-) view



“I figured out the secret to being a girl. It's all about hair. As long as it's on your head everything is cool...anywhere else....OMG! Us girls spend more time removing hair than it takes a man to mow the lawn. No pun intended. =)”

I about died laughing when Kathie recently posted this on Facebook. After I “liked” it, this was her comment: “I figured you would like that. I pretty much wrote it for you AND to give the kids hell.”

You gotta love a friend that accepts you, and even knows how to make you smile from 3000 miles away! Kathie is one of those who accepts, and even understands my choice to be smooth…and only she could possibly combine a post that simultaneously shows her love toward me, and torments her own children using the topic of body-hair.

Yesterday, I wrote about how I know my life is not in the right balance when I discover that I have hair on my legs, and Do Not have Purple Toenails. I decided to write a separate post about each of these, starting with the purple toenails, because I was coloring my toenails long before I would ever have to deal with body hair.
Yes, you understood that correctly… I Remove ALL Body Hair.

But when my life is not balanced properly, I tend to neglect things that would otherwise be done without any needed thought. Three of those things which are really good indicators of how balanced, or not, my life is would be: Quality Naked Time, Purple Toenails, and Not a Stitch of Body Hair. If any one of these is not right, then you can bet that all three are equally out of whack. But these are merely a visible means of measuring what is going on deep inside my mental battle. Usually once I discover I am neglecting these three, I have already long been addressing the core issues. But once I discover I am hairy, and my toenails are naked, I know I gotta focus quickly on a more positive direction, and quickly, too.

As soon as it hit me yesterday, I showered, shaved, and colored my toenails. Ahhh Much better!

I guarantee, you will not find a human on this planet we call Earth that is anything like me. I was created unlike any other, and do things differently than any you have ever met. It is impossible to put anything I do into any kind of category, or to label my choices in any sort of way. The ONLY category that anything I do can be grouped into would be the “Jon-Category”. It really is that simple… None other will fit. For some odd reason, most people try to categorize the removal of all body hair into some sort of sexuality. This baffles me. Nothing about body hair is sexual to me. I also do not see why so many people want to treat such a topic as “forbidden”. To me, the topic of body hair is no more, or less, appropriate than the topic of hair on a human’s head. Every Human has hair all over their body. Why do people get so bent out of shape over this topic? Why is it expected that women must remove (almost) every bit of it, and men should be hairy? Also, why is it considered acceptable for women to remove all of their body hair, except for the area immediately surrounding their vagina? Oh how people freak out about how much, or how little a woman has there! Shouldn’t a person be allowed to decide for themselves how they wear their own hair? Why is how a person grooms their hair such a hot topic? (I say “Hot Topic”, referring to how heated, controversial, or twisted the topic becomes… not as a topic that is often brought-up in general conversation)

All my life, I have found the subject of body-hair to be quite a fascinating topic. Or, more appropriately, I found the ways in which people addressed (or avoided) this topic fascinating. I guess you could safely say that early in life, I had already made up my mind about how I felt about body hair. I decided early on that I would not have any. I decided that the supposed acceptable way society deemed men were to be hairy, and women were not, was not acceptable to me.

Always seeing people naked was not a bad thing for me, because for someone who enjoys learning about the world and those who occupy it, what better way to learn about a human body, than to see it without the illusion of clothing? I have written often about the freedom of living life naked as a child, and being around others naked. To me, this was just natural. Seeing how each human did or did not have hair, how it grew in what areas, and at what ages the hair started to appear as a young-adult, the way it would be coarse in some areas, and really fine in other areas, or how it would be a different color than the hair on their head, or how some would curl, while other areas were straight, or when it turned grey, or even got really wild and sparse as an older person to me was a wonderful learning experience. I always loved learning about everything around me. I found that most of the people in my life were open and willing to allow such curiosities from me. Also growing up in such an open environment allowed me to observe how people groomed the hair differently on different parts of their bodies. I was always amazed when I would find someone who had never learned about all the different aspects of a human’s body hair. It baffled me to discover that some people grew up without ever having had this experience. I could not imagine going through life without learning from every single experience. I could not imagine having grown-up and never even noticed body hair on any of the humans I saw daily. For some odd reason, it seemed most people did not even pay attention to body hair, until they started to grow their own. Then suddenly, it was awkward for them. I often asked these people how it was possible that they could go every single day of their life, and not learn about body hair. How could it be possible to suddenly have the topic come up, when every single human has body hair, and it is all around them? Oddly enough, because they had chosen to not pay attention, this made me the freak.

All my life, I have been treated like I was some sort of freak, because I liked to learn, wanted to know everything about any topic that crossed my path, and had an opinion about those topics. (It is easy to have an opinion when you know about a topic.) At an early age, I had an opinion about body hair. It did not match most of society. I knew I did not want any on my body. I knew I admired the way each and every person groomed their own body hair. To me, it did not matter if they were a man or a woman, what they did with their own hair should be their own choice. I also knew that no matter what I believed, society would attempt to make me just like the others.

Fortunately, for me, I did not begin to grow any body hair until about tenth grade. I say “fortunately”, because for me, this meant I did not have to attempt to remove it, since it was not there. But unfortunately for me, most of society wants boys to be hairy from the age of twelve. Along with all the other troubles I had in life during my teen years, and attempting to hide myself from most of the world, my problems were only aggravated further by not having yet started to grow any body hair. When the mean boys in P.E. attempted to make fun of me for not having any hair yet, my reply was always the same: “Good! I Do not want any.” For whatever reason, they did not understand this, and only tried to torment me more because of it. What I could not understand was why being unique, and having an opinion about how I wanted to live my life made so many people want to be mean, harmful, and even attempt to make me behave in a horrible manner… or more appropriately, to behave just like they did. Why were they so convinced that being mean to another was a good thing? Why would they want someone to have hatred toward another? Why was a lack of hair such a big deal to them?

Also fortunate for me, was when I finally started to grow body hair, I had just moved to Medford, and was no longer surrounded by the mean people in Tigard. I had a brand-new start in Medford. In Medford, I was able to be who I am, and even though I never had huge amounts of friends, those which I did have accepted me for the unique person I was.

The summer I moved to Medford was 1984. I had just turned 16. Before that summer, I was only 5’4” and weighed 90-lbs. When I started school at the beginning of 10th grade, I was suddenly 6’2” and weighed 140-lbs. I did ALL of my growing all at once. It was summer-time, so I was in shorts, and did not have to keep getting new pant-sizes.

I lived in Tigard, officially, still, but had gone to visit my Dad in Medford in the early part of the summer. At that time, I must have started to grow some fuzz on my face, but had not realized it, yet. Later in the summer, I went to California to visit my Grandparents, and later came back to Medford again. When I returned to Medford, My Dad gave me a brand-new electric Norelco razor. That was his way of saying I needed to shave. That was when I realized I was growing hair finally. The week before school was starting, I went back home to Tigard. Once I was back in Tigard, I realized how horrible life was there, and could not even look forward to once again having to be in the same school as my brother. (I was fortunate that the two previous years, he was at the high-school, while I was at the junior high.) I had been in Medford enough that summer to know Medford was a better place for me. I arranged with my Mom and Dad that I would move to Medford, and start fresh at school down there.

As I started school in 10th grade in Medford, I was fully aware of the hair I was now sprouting. The fancy electric Norelco razor my Dad gave me burned my face, and when I tried to use it on my body, it left horrible rashes. I would shave my face only about once a week. That would minimize the burning, and still keep the hair from growing wild. Trying to shave my body was almost impossible. And an electric razor is absolutely horrible on hairy underwear regions! I did not have enough money, or even know enough about disposable razors to attempt to buy, or use any of those. I was getting a hairy body, and absolutely hated it! I found that by using the trimmer feature on the electric razor, I could keep all the hair trimmed to a very short depth. Occasionally, I would be at a female friend’s house, and would discover that they had disposable razors, and shaving cream. I would ask if I could use them. After they asked “why”, they always said “yes”. I would eagerly jump into the shower, and shave from nose to toes! Not a single one of them ever thought this was weird. After I showered, and came out again, they were more than eager to ask me questions, and learn about my desire for a smooth body. Oh How wonderful it felt! (Both the smooth body, AND the closeness of being able to discuss a supposedly forbidden topic with a trusted friend!) Then the hair would quickly return. It was itchy, and uncomfortable. I absolutely loved how clean I felt when I was shaved smooth! But I hated how uncomfortable it was when the hair was growing back. For whatever reason, My Dad was against disposable razors, and I was not about to go against his wishes in his home, so I could not maintain the completely smooth feel on a regular basis. I finally gave up trying, and just let it grow. Every now and then, I found myself in a situation where I could get a full shave again. I Cherished those.
Fun!~ Sailboat beyond Legs n Feet :)


The topic of shaving did not come up often, but with those that it did, it was always funny to find out I was smoother all over than most girls were. They often asked me for advice, and it was not unusual to help them. While for most of my teenage and adult life I was absolutely mortified to allow anyone I knew to see me naked, I found that there were always exceptions. The bathroom, showering, and changing clothes near a trusted friend was for some reason never looked at as awkward. Shaving also seemed to fall into that category. If I was comfortable enough, and they were, too, for the detail discussion about shaving, then we usually did not have any hang-ups about seeing each other in that situation. While I would go to great lengths to be sure I was not seen naked, for whatever reason, those who were around when I was shaving were always considered safe, and even comfortable. It would at first cause a bit of alarm when someone wanted to watch, and see the technique I used, but when it involves a sharp razor near sensitive regions, you quickly forget about anything else and focus on taking care of the task at hand. I was always surprised to find out how many girls would not shave near their underwear region, because they were afraid of accidentally cutting. Once they discovered how smooth I kept my regions, they would ask if I could teach them how.

Just a humorous footnote: Be careful when you ask someone to help you shave. If you are not specific about exactly what you wish to be shaved, or phrase it in a less-then clear way, you might end up with something shaved you did not expect… see the next two pictures as a good example. (No captions needed, you can fill in the blanks…)



















As I grew in life, I also often bought disposable razors, and maintained a smooth shave. Unfortunately, as life’s financial struggles sometimes were a bit overwhelming, one of the first expenses I eliminated was the razors. I still had the electric, and could get by with using it on my face, but the cost of disposables kept me from buying them. I would occasionally buy the cheap ones, but they were worse than not shaving at all. My body liked the expensive ones, go figure!

Sometimes, I would just let it grow, and other times I would keep it smooth.

When I was married, my life became such a living hell, and I found myself retreating into a world of safe-shelter again. I was married for one day less than a full year. My wife did not like me to be shaved, and I stopped shaving my body to please her. Six months before I finally divorced her, I started shaving again. She never noticed. (A good indication of how messed-up the marriage was!) After the marriage, I entered a world of living my life in mostly secret again, and it would take many more years to finally rediscover who I really needed to be. After my marriage, when I shaved, it was mostly in the winter months. This way, I was always wearing long pants, and nobody would notice. I often would spend the night at friend’s houses, and would sleep in shorts. If anyone ever noticed, they did not say anything about my shaved legs.

For whatever reason, I stopped shaving my body, except the underwear region. I found this to be completely odd. I let everything else grow, and only kept the underwear region completely shaved. I tried to let that grow back, but I could not stand it! It took many years before I could grasp why that region was so important to always be shaved. I associate the hair in that region with the horrible things that happened while I was married. I know it is silly to make that connection, but since that is when I had hair there, and those events happened only while I had hair there, the connection will always remain. That was in 2000.


I would not totally rediscover complete freedom again, until 2005. That was the year I ran away, literally, from life as I knew it in Oregon. In the year prior to leaving, I had tackled quite a few of the issues, and self-imposed demons that were bogging me down. Cara was my roommate, and she always bragged about how good her Venus Divine Razor was. She also used really good shave gel. She was convincing enough, that I actually willingly spend the money to buy Venus Divine razors for myself. I was amazed at how good they were. I could not believe how many women had kept this secret! The razors created for men were simply just ok. These Venus Divine razors created for women were better than any other I had ever used! During that year, I often shaved my whole body. But I did not do it continuously. When I left Oregon, I neglected to pack the Venus Divine razors. I did not have any extra money, so buying new razors was not exactly something I could justify. After two days, I could not stand it anymore! I bought a cheap disposable razor, and attempted to shave at least the underwear region again. This turned out to be a very bad idea. I was using cold water, at a rest-area, without any kind of crème, or gel. I attempted to use some liquid handsoap, but I was allergic to it, and that made matters worse. So, now I had cuts, rashes, and extreme discomfort! I had no choice, but to NOT Shave for many days, until all was healed again. At some point while in New York, I broke down and bought One bar of Good Soap, One Good Razor, and One can of good gel. I shaved that night in a campground shower which had plenty of hot water. I made that razor and gel last as long as possible for many more days. I found that even in the coldest of streams, if you have a good razor, and good gel, it is easy to get a smooth, perfect shave. Often, I did not even have a stream, but could rig-up a make-shift shower with a hanging plastic water bottle. Even under those conditions, I could manage a good shave.

Two weeks later, when I finally stopped running, I was in Virginia. After attempting to kill myself, I finally ended up in a mental-hospital. They allowed me to shower immediately, but they had specific rules about razors. I could shower, but the rules specified that I needed to be watched 100%, not just having a nurse in the bathroom, but no curtain blocking the view. They would allow a person to ONLY shave their face, so shaving any part of my body was out of the question. The razor they provided was not real good, and they expected you to shave without any kind of gel, so I did not even bother to shave my face. The day they were planning to release me, one head nurse who had learned quite a bit about me, came in while I was showering, and asked me if I minded if she relieved the other nurse who was assigned to be in the room while I showered. I told her I did not mind. Funny thing about hospital showers: they have Very Good water pressure, and Endless Hot water! Usually, they limit you to a "fast shower", and depending on the nurse, will even remind you  to "hurry-up". As soon as the other nurse left, she asked if I wanted to Shave? Of course I did! But I hesitated in my answer ... She knew my hesitation. She said: "I have something for you." and handed me a Venus Devine Razor and Skintimate shave gel! Then said "Take as long as you need in the shower.  I do not need to watch, but I do need to remain the room while you shower." I started crying again! She closed the curtain, and went to sit on the chair, reading a book. Just like the Trooper in NY, she knew what I needed! Although it was still awkward for me to shower and shave in front of strangers, it still felt amazing!!

When they released me, they sent me to live at The Salvation Army Shelter. I started working immediately. While I had a little bit of money, still, I could not buy the good razors. And even if I could, the shower setting there was not exactly a place I felt safe. I shaved my face, just because it was easier to do there, than the entire body. So I just had to let it all continue to grow. After a little more than a month, I was offered a room with a coworker. Finally, I was feeling like I was in a safe-enough place that I could shave.

I bought the Venus Divine Razors, and the Skintimate Shave Gel again, finally! That first night, I shaved every single part of my body. It was heavenly to feel so clean from nose to toes again! While relaxing in bed that night, I realized how important the shaving was to me. Since that night in October of 2005, I have ALWAYS made sure I keep the good razors on hand.

Shaving my body is in no way a sexual thing.

To me, shaving the body is far more important than anything having to do with sex, or sexuality.


Yup, Winter is Here! Keep Warm! :)Yes, I make myself laugh. I took these pictures last year... I realised quality naked time was lacking, but it was cold, and I lived in a drafty old house. So, what to do? Put on a warm hat, warm socks, and have a nice hot cup of coffee while cooking breakfast! If ya can't read the print on the coffee cup, scroll down. :)

I chose these two pics, because they illustrate a hairless human quite well, without shoving anything anyone might not wanna see in their face. I hope you also find the humor in how I live my life! :)





Coffee Anyone??
It is a feeling of cleanliness. A feeling of everything is safe in my world. A feeling of knowing I am taking complete care of myself, and finding the positive, joyful place where I belong.

Yesterday morning, when I realized I had neglected the shaving, and My toes were not colored Purple, I Knew I had let myself get out of that good, safe place.




Sometimes, the simplest things can be the biggest indicator of what we are doing right, or not quite doing the way we should.

According to the Quote from Kathie at the top of this post, I guess it would seem I have figured out the secret to being a girl. ~Grin ...But I still have not yet figured out what to do with that darned penis hanging in front of me! Ha!

There are so many fun stories to tell associated with a lack of body hair, but those will have to wait for later posts.

May you find a Smooth Shave in your Near Future! May you find the joy of having a completely smooth body from nose to toes! May you tell the rest of society that what you do with your own body is not their concern.

I Hope you have a wonderful day, and realize if things are not balanced the way they should be. May you always find the time to color your nails, play naked, and have a smooth shave! ~=:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments. Please be polite and respectful. It is ok if you disagree with what I write, but it is not acceptable for you to be mean or slanderous. I Do choose to moderate comments, only to keep the peace. You can bet I will publish your comments, even if we disagree, just play nice. Thanks! ~=:-)