Saturday, February 4, 2012

I'll Take The Soup!

"I'll Take The Soup!"

In Honor of Superbowl, I feel it is only appropriate to share one of my all-time favorite jokes:

An old man and old woman are sitting in the living room watching T.V.

The old woman wishes to spice-up their evening, and whispers in her husband's ear, but he gets upset because she was interrupting the show.

She thought about it a few minutes, then left the room and went upstairs.

The old man was not terribly concerned, and just kept watching his show.

After a while, the old woman comes down the stairs wearing nothing but a red cape, wrapped around her body. She stops in front of her husband, effectively blocking his view of the T.V.

He notices she is wearing only a red cape, and realizes this is not normal, so he says,"Good Lord Ethyl, What are You Doing?"

She Whipped the cape back with a flourish, exposing her naked body to him, and exclaims,
"Are You Ready For Some Super Sex?!"

To which the old man replies, "I'll Take The Soup!"

So, ever since I first heard that joke many years ago, every time I hear anything preceded by "super", My mind automatically says "I'll Take The Soup!" Often, the soup sounds much more appealing than whatever someone is trying to hype with the word "Super".

Superbowl is no exception. I would much rather have a bowl of soup, than a Superbowl. (and anybody who knows me, knows I do not do soup!)

For those of you who happen to get excited about The Superbowl... Have fun, but do not expect me to share your excitement, let alone show any enthusiasm towards it, the people going nuts because of it, or all the companies who spent billions of dollars needlessly because of it.

I'll be having the soup... hopefully somewhere I cannot hear anything about it. JOn~=:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments. Please be polite and respectful. It is ok if you disagree with what I write, but it is not acceptable for you to be mean or slanderous. I Do choose to moderate comments, only to keep the peace. You can bet I will publish your comments, even if we disagree, just play nice. Thanks! ~=:-)