Saturday, February 11, 2012

My First True Love...


A True Love:


 As Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, we all tend to get that longing feeling for some romance.
But what kind of romance do we seek?

Some would say that a fast, short-lived wild-fling would do the trick.

Some would say that something that is comfortable, and has been around a while is better.

Many would rather go for something new, and exciting, rather than old, and comfortable.

There are even some who wish to have more than one love at the same time.

There are those who do not have a current love, or even a crush, and would settle for (almost) anything that happened to be available.

Whichever is the one that happens to be your love of the moment, there is no doubt that we all have the same thing in common: And that is there is no comparison to our Very First True Love!

Whether you call your first a fling, a crush, a romance, or a love, there is no denying that the first always makes the biggest impression on your heart. The first is the one that all others that follow are compared to. The first is the one we learn new thrills, seek new adventures, and see how far, how fast we can go. The first will surprise us, push us to new adventures, and even often help us discover freedoms we never even dreamed of experiencing. The first will also cause great discomfort, and often disappoint us as we learn how to treat our love so as to make the best of every moment, and to keep from causing harm. There are things we expect, but having not had a previous to compare to, we tend to expect the same we have seen from others who already have their own love all around us. We quickly learn that the love we have acquired is completely different, and cannot at all be expected to behave, or even respond in the same manner we have seen work for others.

Sometimes, and actually often, the one we have for our first has already been loved by another, but since this is our very first, we tend to forget that our love has already been around the block. (Or more appropriately, we do not wish to know how many blocks that one has been around.) We like to believe this is as new for us, as it is for our new love.

Often those in our surrounding families, friends, and other acquaintances do not seem thrilled, or even seem to approve at all, of the one we decide to make our first. Or, often we really do not choose our first, but we just happen to end up together. We often do pretty stupid things with our first that those same people will remind us of for life. And no matter how bad the first is, we always defend our decision to keep that one around.

Eventually, we tend to end up moving-on. When we finally do move-on, it is hard to do. We know  how important that first one is, and how many memories we have created. When we do decide it is time to part ways, it is often done with mixed feelings. Those who have watched you and your first go through life’s journey know it is time, and carefully choose their words on how they support us in this difficult time. They often are glad to see this come to an end, but know better than to say anything that could hurt us in the process. It is often only many years (or even many loves) later that we truly find out how they felt about our very first. Sadly, those same people are often the ones responsible for us finding, or meeting our very first.

Seldom can we ever have our very first love again once we have moved-on and parted ways. Occasionally, we see what was once our first around town, but is now the love of another. As we see the way the new person treats what was once ours, we notice they see it the same way we used to. We will often look longingly at what we used to have, and often wonder why we ever parted ways. Many times, though we are more than happy to have gotten rid of that one, and almost feel sorry for the one who has that one now. Sometimes, once we have parted ways, you will never see that one again. Then as the years go on, you wonder what ever happened to your first love. You see one around town that is similar, but you notice all the things that tell you this one is definitely not the one you loved. You know all too well about all the tiny little details, and know for sure this was not your first love. Then you go and enjoy the one that is currently your love.

As Valentine’s Day approaches, I am reminded that I do not have a current love. Most of the time, this is not even an issue, and I just go about life without any concern about being without. For some reason, at this time of year, I tend to wonder if I should once again seek out one to love. I have had many loves in my life, and there have been many times I have been without. As I am going through old photos, and boxes, files and other things, I am finding many photos, and other reminders of My Very First Love. I am also finding photos and reminders of all the other loves I have had in my life. I chuckle, though when I realize that there were some who I loved that I do not have any photographs of. I often find many wonderful reminders of those loves, but for some reason I have gotten rid of any photos that may have existed.

But I Do have many many photos of My Very First Love. …

My First Love had some wonderful curves, and definitely knew how to get my attention. I was 18 at the time. There were others around town that were similar, but none of them quite got my attention the same way. I knew this was the one for me! I was proud that many others actually enjoyed looking at the one I had chosen. Many people agreed this was perfect match, and of course some thought this was quite a mis-match. But I was devoted, happy, and eager! My first love was actually quite wild, and more than I knew how to handle, but with a little practice, things became quite smooth, and comfortable.

Here are some of those photos:
My 1958 Ford, Table Rock, Or. March, 1987

Fixing My 1958 Ford. Medford, Or. 1988


My 1958 Ford, covered in snow. Tigard, Or. Jan, 1993

My 1958 Ford, Table Rock, Or. March, 1987

Oh! You thought I was talking about LOVE Between Humans?? Hehe!

Sorry, I could not resist! (Now, go back and re-read this, and you will see I never once referred to anything about love with a human… it is ALL about The Love We Have with our Very First Vehicle.)



HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!

May you find the love you desire on this day of love and romance! JOn~=:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments. Please be polite and respectful. It is ok if you disagree with what I write, but it is not acceptable for you to be mean or slanderous. I Do choose to moderate comments, only to keep the peace. You can bet I will publish your comments, even if we disagree, just play nice. Thanks! ~=:-)