Saturday, June 28, 2014

How I became a Topless "Bikini Babe"

How I Became a Topless “Bikini Babe”??

And How do Magnetic Business cards, a Burlesque performer, and a Jewelry-maker lead to Me wearing metal Pasties?? This is the sort of thing that those who are not in the midst of my life would never expect. Those in my life fully expect, and enjoy these things.

I Know miracles happen every day. But I hardly think this qualifies. Yesterday Morning I was a 46-year old dude, with an aching back. By Mid afternoon I was a 20-something curvaceous female. Suddenly I was transformed. I was suddenly what could only be best-described as what our society, and media have deemed “A Hottie”, or “A Beach Babe”. (You all know how I view the human body, and how my views differ from what society has set as “The Standard”, But for sake of helping create an appropriate picture, I must use terms y’all will relate to.) Yup, Suddenly here I was with what some would call “The Perfect Body”: Long, toned legs. Plenty of Thigh-gap. Slender waist. Flat Tummy, with pierced belly button. Ample breasts, topless, except for what appears to be some Pasties on my nipples. …

Weird, Right? Maybe not. I happen to always be surrounded by “creative” people. If you’ve ever known a creative-type, You know ANYTHING is possible at any given moment, and usually when you least expect it. My friends are not just creative, they also have no shame. Which means anything goes when it comes to created any desired effect.

It would seem one friend is plenty when it comes to transforming an old-dude into a young hottie. But this one included two dear friends. As usual Andrea unwittingly played a major part in this. And of course 
Facebook is totally a major player in all this.

I will try to keep all this in order, so hopefully it makes sense (although likely ‘making sense’ is the furthest thing that could come from all this).
My Friend Mike and his wife Jamie are jewely makers at their studio called Dobez DesignsZ. They are located in Downtown Las Vegas inside TheEmergency Arts Building. Everything Unique coexists within this Arts Center. Also in This Building is The Burlesque Hall of Fame. Burlesque performers happen to be a regular-type-of people in these halls. One such performer/ producer is HauteCouture.  Also in this building is My Friend Andrea, who runs a Day-spa/ Facial/ Massage/ Mani-Pedi nail-salon/ VictorianCuriosity shoppe upstairs called Feetish Spa. At the entrance is The Beat Coffee Shop. Along with dozens of other unique services, shops, boutiques, and artist work-spaces is the fun circle of inter-action that seems to just happen between each of the otherwise uniquely-different occupants.

How does all this tie together?
(see? Told ya my life is weird… hang in there, you will see soon enough)

Ok, So earlier this week, Burlesque performer Haute Couture posted to Mike’s Wall a reference to Old-time(She called them “vintage”) Burlesque performers seeming to always wear metal pasties, and requesting Mike and Jamie’s services in fashioning some for her. Mike eagerly grabbed that one!
Yesterday Mike posted a photo of the first proto-type Metal Pastie, which would be used for “sizing”.
Shortly after Mike posted the photo of the New Metal Pastie, Andrea Posted a photo of magnetic business cards.

She Seemed to have ordered these at some point, and now they were here. So, naturally she hits it up on Facebook and Instagram to get the word out asking if anyone would want one of these magnetic advertising gems. Of course plenty immediately want them, hello! Well, I chimed-in, and mentioned in a comment that Mike could place one of these on each metal pastie he sells. Talk about getting attention for both businesses!







A little later in the morning, the comments and discussion below the post from Haute Couture and her request for the metal pasties took off with quite a few chiming-in. My Mind happens to jump from track to track, usually taking the train I was riding on one track, and jumping the rails, taking all who also were on that train along with my derailed thoughts. Yesterday was fast becoming The Hottest day in Vegas so far this year. The topic of Metal Pasties was live, and My mind immediately went to the thought of metal pasties in The Desert Sunshine.
Here is the back-and forth that followed:
Me: ” I recommend NOT wearing metal pasties in Full sunlight. Just my opinion... Do as you wish.
Mike:  Jon? This sounds more like experience than opinion?
Me:Mmmmm-maybe. I guess unless someone finds the photo-proof, then I can claim otherwise? 
Mike: “ I'm on it!
The above was done at 1:46 pm. I knew it would not be long before Mike had come up with something… I went about getting my things together for my afternoon adventure.
At 2:22, an alert popped up on my phone’s screen. It said “Facebook”: Mike Mentioned you in a comment: ‘Jon....Explain?’ “. Well, that was all that showed up on the lock-screen. No picture, nothing else to go with. I decided this was probably more urgent than getting into the shower I was about to do. I opened the Facebook post, and saw this photo below Mike’s asking me to explain.

View it on Facebook:
I Immediately took a screenshot just to be sure it did not disappear. Then I properly opened the photo, saved it to my phone, and reposted it to my own wall, tagged myself, and gave Mike Full credit.
Then I proceeded to go shower as I was originally planning. But for some odd reason, I found I soaped my chest a bit more observantly….

Just remember: When you have Creatives all around you, Be prepared for ANYTHING to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments. Please be polite and respectful. It is ok if you disagree with what I write, but it is not acceptable for you to be mean or slanderous. I Do choose to moderate comments, only to keep the peace. You can bet I will publish your comments, even if we disagree, just play nice. Thanks! ~=:-)