Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A BEAR (or is it BARE) In The Desert!


A BEAR (or is it BARE?) InThe Desert!
Happy Bare with Bear! by JOn's ~=:-) view

How would You React to Seeing a Bear, or BARE in The Desert?

“At Least I Know I Will Not Run Into Any Bears while hiking in The Desert.”
That is what I told a friend the day before I went hiking in The Desert…AND ACTUALLY RAN INTO A BEAR!

While at work, a friend and I were discussing the differences between hiking in the mountains, and hiking in the desert. We were discussing the different things you might encounter in the different regions of The U.S. The topic of snakes, critters, and other dangers came up. The possibilities of what one may encounter while in remote regions, and the dangers that could harm someone while hiking are as varied as the different types of regions. I am an avid hiker/ trekker/ explorer. I have been all my life. I am always curious, and want to learn what lives in any region, and the dangers those critters (big or small) may present to a Human. I do not have fear (usually) of these critters, but I DO Have Respect for them! If one goes through life in fear, they will likely forget to enjoy what nature has to offer, and often make tragic mistakes. Fear blocks the mind, and does not allow one to make logical, sensible decisions when faced with the danger. Understanding, and knowing what to do is a key to surviving what nature holds.

While discussing this subject, we were also discussing all the new things there were to learn, and understand. I had just recently moved from Oregon to Las Vegas. I have previously been in many different regions of The U.S., but The Mojave Desert is new territory for me. We were discussing how different snakes behave, how different spiders, and other crawling critters behave. I am quite familiar with snakes, and spiders. Scorpions are another story. I expressed that I was actually looking forward to finding Tarantulas, Scorpions, and some of the snakes I had not previously encountered. My friend mentioned that those are scary, and a good reason to NOT Go out in The Desert. I find those to only be a threat if you are not aware they are there. Awareness is a huge key to not getting hurt. I would rather hike with those than where the bears are. Bears are beautiful, and I have hiked around them most of my life. Bears are also THE ONE THING that Scares me! I have had bear-surprises more times than was comfortable. I have always done what one is supposed to do, when a bear is suddenly face-to-face with you, and never had a bad thing happen from a bear. Even camping, or backpacking, I have woken to bears in my camp, and even looking right at me through the tent-door. But I ALWAYS took the needed precautions, keeping food away from the tent, hung from a tree, and made sure to never wear food-smelling clothes into the tent. I Have had some scares, but never more from a bear.

When I was leaving work that day, and knowing I was going hiking the next day, My friend told me to “Be safe, and watch for the deadly critters while naked out there!” I laughed, and replied, “At least I know I will not run into any bears in The Desert.” Ha! Famous last words!

Well, I DID See a BEAR While Hiking in the Desert!
The funny thing is, There was BARE, and BEAR! Yup! While Hiking naked, I also found a BEAR!


Oops... Thought You said Ya gotta love the humor of some people! I was at least five miles from the nearest anything, and suddenly, here is a recliner-chair, and a Giant Stuffed Bear! I am sure many would find it odd to see someone hiking totally naked in the 120-degree heat in the middle of a Desert. What I found unusual was that someone would go to the effort to haul a chair, and a stuffed animal out here. They set the bear up in the chair, on a small hill, overlooking the valley, and facing Sunrise Mountain. It would seem the bear has been out there for many years, and is quite content to sit and bake all day in the sun. He has a great view, and watches the sunrise every morning. He gets to see all the critters come and go. I am sure he sees his share of intrepid hikers go by, and probably has seen more than one could possibly imagine.



Ducky Finds out The Bear is Tame

This bear is crusty with what nature has dealt him in this harsh environment. He has been through blazing heat in the summer, and below-freezing temperatures in the winter. I guess that would answer the life-long question about whether or not bear meat can in fact be frozen, then thawed, and still remain good! This bear seems to have been frozen, thawed, and baked to a golden-brown hundreds of times. And while He seems to be a little on the weathered side, He still seems quite content to sit here, and watch the sunrise every day. He has seen His share of flash-floods as they wash below his perch. He has withstood many freak- storms, as The Desert is known for sudden, and even violent Thunderstorms. He has seen rain, and likely is still wet inside from the soakings, and probably has dents in his head from the hail that has come. I am sure He has made friends with many scorpions, ants, snakes, and other assorted Desert Critters.
The bear has A Wonderful View of Sunrise Mountain
It makes me laugh to ponder all the possible reasons this bear was placed here, and the circumstances, and events that happened in the process of him being placed here. I can imagine the hilarity that followed, and even the many visits those people have made back out to visit this bear. I can imagine all the photos of this bear, and all the varied people that have posed with him. I can imagine the surprise, wonder, and humor that every single person who has stumbled upon him has enjoyed. I can imagine the caution, yet curiosity of the wild animals that live out here. Imagine the Coyote that comes out for his evening hunt, and suddenly finds this bear in a chair. Imagine the process that coyote goes through for endless hours trying to figure out this new thing. Is it safe? Why does it smell like Humans? Why does it not move? Why is it here? Is it edible? And, imagine as this timid Coyote is edging closer to this new thing, the breeze suddenly makes a bit of it wiggle, and the coyote jumps a foot high!
 I laugh at the possibility that this may have actually been placed with a hidden camera, and they are filming everyone and everything that comes near. (Picture me discreetly scanning my surroundings for a hidden camera.) Often we go places, and do things which we likely would be less eager to do, if We KNEW there was a camera. It gives me a laugh, though, and then rather than worrying about IF There was a camera, my mind turns to: “I wonder where I can see the footage they capture?” While most of what I do anymore in life would not change one bit, camera, or not, I still think occasionally like I did when I lived a Secret naked life. I am not secretive about much anymore. I have learned to embrace who I am, and What I do. While many think naked is somehow illegal, it is absolutely not. I do not do anything that could get me arrested, nor will I do anything that could land me in jail. (Simply naked is not illegal. For it to be illegal, it must be either Lewd, or Obscene… or both. The trouble comes when Most Do NOT understand the laws, and automatically think naked by itself is illegal, and even harmful. I simply enjoy as much of life as is practical without clothes. I seldom am where groups of people will see me, and the few that do are quite welcoming, because of how I go about it.)

(Not Sure You Are Comfortable Seeing Photos of Me Enjoying Life Nekkid?)
Look at your own level of comfort:
Just Good Bare Fun :) Here, you see many photos of me Bare with The Bear. I did not include anything too revealing. I was having a ball, and had not a care in the world while out there. I do not hide the fact that I love life naked.

My slogan in life (and the name of my blog) is: “Enter With An Open Mind, Or Closed Eyes”. I have found that when given a choice as to how much you view, or not, most find it quite welcoming, comfortable, and even funny. Many in my life who had previously thought naked was bad have been happy, and even comfortable around me while I am enjoying life in this way. For those of you who have seen me struggle and accept who I am in the past, can appreciate how much growth I have discovered along the way. I have written many blogs about the troubles, and torment I have been through. Rather than list a dozen links, You can just look to the list of labels to the right;
-------------------->>>
 Pick any label you want to see more of my thoughts on, and it will take you to the blogs. So far None of my blogs show any nudity. This is the first which shows any at all. The blog may discuss naked, and tell about it, but it is not to force anything on anybody. I like to let people discover for themselves what level of comfort is good for them. I have started the blog exploring what makes me who I am, and the struggles of what has brought me to where I currently am. Naked is a huge part of who I am, and What I do. Those who accept me into their lives do so at their own comfort level. BARE In The Desert is a major part of my life, since I currently live in a desert. Humor is also a huge part of my life. Thus, Bear, or Bare in The Desert is very fitting.
...Must be a Critter Watchin' me :)

Many times, I have discovered that people want to explore naked in a “secret”, safe environment. That is another reason I freely make my photos available for all who play nice to view. Many people are not sure they want to see someone Bare in person, so they look through my photos first, and decide from there, it IS indeed safe, and even comfortable. (every photo in my blogs links to My Flickr phot account.) Feel free to explore at your own level of comfort…(and also know there is no way for anyone to know you were even there. The ONLY time I know who visits my pages is when they choose to leave a comment. There will NEVER be anything illegal, sexual, or even anything that is not family-friendly. You want to look, but cannot see what you want? Or You see more than you wish? My profile in Flickr details how to control what you do, or do not see. How much you see, or not is completely up to you. There are many levels of comfort. What you do is entirely your choice.)

I Hope You found joy, humor, and even comfort in discovering a BEAR (OR IS IT BARE?) In The Desert!
I Hope you have a SAFE and Wonderful day, and Thank you for Entering with an open mind, or closed eyes! JOn ~=:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments. Please be polite and respectful. It is ok if you disagree with what I write, but it is not acceptable for you to be mean or slanderous. I Do choose to moderate comments, only to keep the peace. You can bet I will publish your comments, even if we disagree, just play nice. Thanks! ~=:-)