Thursday, September 15, 2011

Urinal Humor (not to be confused with Toilet Humor)

Urinals: Functional, Often Funny!
Not often do I take pics of urinals... by JOn's ~=:-) viewOn my Flickr Photo page, I look up the stats to see what links, and searches bring my photos up. Often the search words are quite funny. When I open up the search, not only do my own photos appear, it shows me all the other people's photos that come up with the same search. For some odd reason, "Urinals" has been a hot topic. This photo to the right is one of mine that always comes up. It is one of my favorite bathrooms in Downtown Portland. What makes it so special? The incredible tile work! having done many tile-installs myself, I appreciate good craftsmanship, and creativity. The urinals, themselves are not attractive, or even anything of interest. The bathroom is a stand-alone building in a park, and it's quality, and design always make me happy. It is a public restroom, and is almost always surprisingly clean, too!
Some of the funny pictures that have come up along with my own in the searches, have got me laughing, and for some reason some of the photos stick in my mind, making me chuckle long after I leave the page. I decided to gather some of the funny ones here. The rest of these photos in this blog ARE NOT MINE. All of the photos below are from other Flickr Members, and if you click on the photo, you will be taken to their page. (Enter those pages at your own risk, for I have no control over their content, or what you will see.) I have pre-screened every profile to be sure I am not linking you to anything I would not support, but Their pages could change. The photos are funny, and you can see more details of where they were taken by clicking on the photos. 

Diamond Knot urinal
Do Ya Suppose Anheiser Busch
Would Approve this use of a Keg?


The Pirate Ship John
Hmmm... A Shark. Watch the Teeth!
















Urinal
A Mix of The 80's, Plus Possibly some
Rocky Horror Picture Show?


Flower Urinals
Perhaps You are a Nature Lover,
and Wish to Water The Flowers? 


















Urinal Fun in ThailandIf You are shy, or easisly intimidated, you might wish to avoid bathrooms where there are ladies looking down at you, some giggling, some with cameras, some with scissors, or even those with mischievious grins....
Urinal fun
Just Funny!.... But so wrong in so many ways...
Urinal


George Bush urinal
Perhaps you wish to make a political statement?


I Know people view religion in different ways... But is there really anyone who would feel right about this? I find it hilarious, but disturbing in so many ways....
Originally found on Flickr, Titled "Unholy Urinals". The original poster has left Flickr, so it is now not linked there.

And Finally.... This one is so wrong in sooo many ways.... I could not even imagine how filthy those are, and can you imagine
 (or probably best if you dont)
what people do in this bathroom?!
 Interesting Urinal


I have a love-hate relationship with urinals.
I love the way they make life easy. I hate the way they are often disgusting.
To me, the best urinal would be a tree, or any other place in nature.
I absolutely hate when there are many guys at the same time using them. Most guys just do not know boundaries, or even practice good hygiene.
Something that is so necessary for humans is often the most awkward, disgusting, or even humiliating. The Absolute worst design I ever saw of a Urinal, was in Auburn, Washington. A Large church there had an outdoor ampitheater, and the bathrooms were designed to accomodate large crowds all at the same time. The Urinals were large stainless steel troughs lined-up down the middle of the bathroom. Guys lined-up all around the perimeter, shoulder to shoulder, and facing into the center to pee. Yup... You faced, and peed toward other guys. There were pipes hanging down in the middle constantly spraying water. So ya have guys who can't aim, and do not know how to behave, all peeing toward one another, and the water is also spraying on you. You would not think going to a church event would be so disgusting! I Only used the bathroom once. I waited until we left, and found a gas station later.
I have traveled all over The United States, and often am quite delighted when I find a  clean, well-lit, and even welcoming bathroom. Occasionally I find one I want to take a picture of, but not often.

This one below is another of Mine. It is at The Vista House on Crown Point, Oregon. It is well-lit, always clean, and has sparkling marble, polished wood, and plenty of windows. It is one of those places people always take a picture of, and it is not unusual to have women come in to take pictures, too
Vista House on Crown Point

I Hope you find Humor in what would often only be a basic necessity of life.

Have a Wonderful Day, and Find a Fun Place to Go, when Ya gotta go!

Thanks for reading My Blog! JOn ~=:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments. Please be polite and respectful. It is ok if you disagree with what I write, but it is not acceptable for you to be mean or slanderous. I Do choose to moderate comments, only to keep the peace. You can bet I will publish your comments, even if we disagree, just play nice. Thanks! ~=:-)