Tuesday, August 26, 2014

An Itsy Bitsy Pink Flamingo Bikini

An Itsy Bitsy Pink Flamingo Bikini
Would you wear a Bikini?
What if it was a Pink Bikini with Flamingos on it?
HELLO! A Gorgeous Pink Bikini with Flamingos printed on it!! 
Is There Still Any Doubt??
What if it was not yours?
What if you were male?


Part of my job is to match lost humans with their found items. I work at a very busy airport, and for a very busy airline. To be exact, I work at Las Vegas’ McCarran International Airport. It is not a secret which airline I work for, but since this (wearing a guest’s bikini)is not officially condoned by my employer, I will leave the name of the airline out of this post.  (But if you really are nosey, and really want to know: Here are two hints. All our flights come from Canada to Vegas, and from Vegas to Canada. Also We are The Largest inbound international carrier for Las Vegas.) It totally is public, and not at all a secret that I did this, I just do not choose to place the company name in the blog.

Our motto is “We take our jobs seriously, but not ourselves”, which is why and how the Pink Bikini even happened.

A guest traveled from Vegas to Saskatoon Canada. She left her carryon backpack in the overhead. Somehow the bag was not located until that plane returned to Vegas. It was found in Vegas, so it became our station’s responsibility to find the lost human that belonged to this found bag. It would be too simple if every traveler did what they were taught at age 5 in kindergarten: Put your name on your stuff. Yup, such a simple lesson we all were taught, yet for some reason millions of people seem to think that rule in life does not apply to them … yet, if they leave their items behind, suddenly they wonder why we cannot get it back to them.

Well, even against all odds, with having absolutely nothing labeled, and no way to track a bag that was never checked, We still manage to find the lost humans…

Part of the process we use is to create a file in the computer system which is traceable from anywhere in the world. Now keep in mind, there are thousands of “Black Backpacks” Lost every day. So, how would one go about locating the right one? Well, that is where detailed descriptions, contents, and anything unique come into play. We must take an accurate and detailed inventory of all the items inside to hopefully put something in the file that the person looking for it also would list as unique item in the search.

This lady’s bag had zero information inside. All it contained was clothes, toiletries, and the few essentials she needed for a quick Vegas getaway. It was August, so really she needed very little in the way of clothing. She traveled with the clothes she was wearing, and a few items in her carry on pack. Funny thing about my job: Since I have to open bags regularly, I learn quite a lot about the type of person whose bag it is.  I will leave the rest of that thought to your own imagination. (You likely already have gone there anyhow.)

This bag had the usual: some underwear, some makeup, some hair products and appliances, a pair of shorts, a top, and a bikini. Sure, they all were great items to list, But THE ONE unique thing that likely no other lost pack would have was the bikini. Sure, the leopard print underwear was good, but seriously, ya know how many women travel to Vegas with Leopard Print panties?? (Lots!) As I looked and itemized each item to list inside this pack, Every coworker who happened to come past stopped and admired this bikini. Almost every female held it up to herself, and dreamed of being able to wear such a delightfully fun bikini. Even the guys pondered for a moment. True, Most of the guys probably pondered it for different reasons than I did, but still, it was admired by all who saw it.
Nobody was surprised that I was actually looking at it wishing I could wear it. Everyone knew I would if I had permission. But it was not mine, and dream as I might, I will NEVER treat another’s items as if it was not theirs. SO, the file was created, and dream as many of us might, all the content was sealed up again inside the pack, placed into the lock cabinet, and left to wait for someone to look for it.

Yup. I have a penis, so by limited definition, I am male. I never understood “Guy Code”, or why guys are so afraid to play, have fun, and limit themselves to what is or is not “allowed”. Sadly also most guys, even if they would put on a bikini, would never allow it to be photographed, or shared publicly. For some reason they think this should be a secret. I feel so sorry for those guys. They have no idea how to be free, enjoy an opportunity, and relax. Imagine if guys would take a minute to even ponder why women enjoy their bikinis so much! Imagine if guys truly allowed themselves freedom!

Well, it only took a few hours before I got an email from our central baggage department giving me a phone number of the gal whose bag it was. They stated in the email that the bikini was The One identifying item. I called the guest as soon as I was not buried in arriving flights. She indeed had gone looking for it, and once Saskatoon determined they did not have it, she contacted our central baggage, who asked her for what might be unique inside, and they did a search.

The guest was thrilled when I called her. First she expressed embarrassment for us having to see “all her dirty laundry”. I assured it that was not a worry. I also assured her the bikini made so many people smile, that sometimes it is a joy when people leave their items behind. Relieved, she told me excitedly how many admired her and her bikini while she was in Vegas. Once I told her we would happily send it to her, she told me she would send us a photo of her in that bikini in Vegas. Then she paused, thought about it, and said: “Tell ya what, You loved it so much, how about You take a photo of You wearing it, and send it to me!”  Oh My Gosh! She likely did not realize who she was talking to!! I absolutely loved that idea! I verified again that she really wanted a picture of me in it. She howled with delight at the thought. She said “Absolutely YES!” I told her I totally would. She laughed and said she could not wait to see me in her bikini!

Well, I could not find a suitable location to take photos at work, although I wished I could be allowed to go out with the planes in that bikini and take the photos! (And there was the fact that I needed to shower first.) Normally, I would NEVER take anyone else’s items home, even for a moment. But this was a special situation. She totally had given me permission to use her bikini, and take photos of me in it, so I took the bikini out of her pack, and took it home for the evening. She had already expressed excitement over getting her bikini in time for her weekend plans, so I needed to be sure and take the photos that night, and get her bag shipped off to Canada the next morning. Oh, how I wished I could have had that bikini for more than a night! I had so many fun ideas of where to take photos with it… plus had many friends who also wanted to “model” it! But I knew I was already blessed beyond belief that it presented itself to me as such a wonderful opportunity, so I would cherish them brief moment it was given to me to enjoy.

I also noticed as soon as I removed it from my bag that it totally smelled like suntan lotion. (At work, and mixed with all her other items, it was not noticeable, but in my home, that scent stood out strongly!) Normally perfumes and scents are too strong, even offensive to me, but while this was strong, it was tolerable. I showered after work, and put on her bikini right after my shower. (No I was not about to put it on while sweaty from work… that would be rude to do to her.) As soon as I put it on, I of course took a few phone-selfies inside my apartment. Then I went outside and set up my camera, and put it on timer, so I could get some fun outside shots, with iconic Vegas signs behind me.




















Surprisingly, not one person who saw me even looked twice, stopped to stare, or cared that a tan dude was on the balcony in a Bikini! I was outside for about ten minutes, took dozens of photos, and loved it! Of course I included Just Ducky in the photos! I pondered taking my camera down to the pool, and taking some pool-side, and even swimming photos, but at this point I still was not sure I was ready for that. So I sighed, as I removed that wonderful bikini, tucked it away in my pack again to be shipped off the next morning.

I hardly keep anything like this a secret. In fact, many of my friends requested that they not be sent the photos of this… I agreed, and never sent them the photos. But they saw them anyhow. Yup I posted them on Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, even Google, Tumblr, and Snapchat. Then Google, doing what it does, took the photos and made them even funnier! They created 2 GIF, so I now have two “movies” of the set!








Go Ahead ... Try not to smile and laugh!


Oh MY GOD!!
I Absolutely LOVE These!! 




Plus I joked that the only reason I looked “Hot” in the photos was “The Padding”… Then Google created one that says It was “Enhanced”… and the placement of the “Enhanced” was perfect! … Well-played, Google. Well Played.


Oh, and You wonder about the lady whose bikini it is, and her reaction? Well she did reply to my email, but only a short reply, Stating “Wow! I did not think you would really do it!” Makes me wonder how many people have lied to her. Sad that I told her I would, yet she did not believe it. She has not yet sent me the photos she promised… Maybe she will send me the Bikini as a gift instead? (Hey, a guy can hope, right??) I totally would wear that bikini proudly!



Can Ya Guess What The ONLY words fitting for this Blog to be finished are?
THE END! ~=:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments. Please be polite and respectful. It is ok if you disagree with what I write, but it is not acceptable for you to be mean or slanderous. I Do choose to moderate comments, only to keep the peace. You can bet I will publish your comments, even if we disagree, just play nice. Thanks! ~=:-)